NEWS & UPDATES OPTIONS
1) Subscribe to the Mark Leslie Newsletter for updates, information about forthcoming books and events as well as special offers (free, discount coupons) and other fun stuff! (No more than 12 updates per year)
2) The Book Nerds Daily - while the news has little to do with Mark (other than the fact he is a Book Nerd who enjoys bookish updates), this Paper.li product is a daily capture from thousands of Twitter sources of "Bookish Things for Bookish Peeps"
3) Mark Leslie's Blog. Most of the subject matter of Mark's blog contains thoughts and updates on writing projects he is working on as well as reflections, insights and musings about being a writer, a parent, a book lover, and a beer lover.
5) Check out Mark's Author Facebook Page.
- March 27 New Directions in Self-Publishing (Talk/Panel) hosted by Editors Toronto and the Toronto chapter of the Professional Writers Association of Canada (PWAC) - [FREE for PWAC and Editors Canada members. Otherwise Otherwise, Tickets are $5 for students, $10 for non-members registering online, $15 at the door. See link above for details]
- May 12 - SFU Writer's Studio - Lecture. (Private lecture for SFU Masters of Writing Class)
- May 26 - Kitchener Public Library - Business of Writing/Publishing - Details TBD
- August 10 through 12 - When Word Collide: A Festival for Readers and Writers (Various)
- Sept 26 through 30 - NINC Conference (St. Petes, FL)
- Oct 19 thru 27 - WMG Publishing Master Class (Instructor/Presenter/Speaker)
Various appearances, interviews, talks on radio, television, etc.
February 1 to 3, 2018 2018 - Guest Instructor at Superstars Writing Seminars (Colorado Springs, CO, USA)
- December 19, 2017 - "Transition Time Can Be Fun" - The Inner Dominatrix Podcast Episode 77
- December 6, 2017 - "Life After Kobo" - Interview on The Self Publishing Podcast Episode 292
- November 19, 2017 - "Interview - Author Mark Leslie" - We Got The Geek Podcast
CHCH Morning Live Appearance Talking About Haunted Hospitals - Oct 2017
- Sept 6, 2016 - "Mark Leslie, Author of Haunted Hospitals" - Deviatus Podcast - Episode 9
- April 20, 2017 - "Kobo Writing Life & International Book Sales with Mark Lefebvre" - The Publishing Profits Podcast Show - Episode 133
- March 28, 2017 - "Kobo's New Subscription Service and the State of the Industry with Mark Lefebvre" - Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast - Episode 125
- July 7, 2017 - "Canada's Creepy Capital - with Mark Leslie" - Mysterious Radio
- December 19, 2016 - "Seven Years and 300 Episodes. Creative Lessons Learned from Podcasting Since 2009" - The Creative Penn Podcast - Episode 300
- April 17, 2016 - "Tomes of Terror" - Paratruth Radio (YouTube Video Link)
- April 15, 2016 - "Life from the London Book Fair 2016 - Part 1" - The Self Publishing Formula Podcast - Episode 7
- March 26, 2016 - "Global Self-Publishing And How To Sell More Books On Kobo With Mark Lefebvre" - The Creative Penn Podcast - Episode 262
OLDER MEDIA LINKS/APPEARANCES
A Super Brief History of Publishing. Clip from a keynote given at Writers of the Future in Los Angeles, 2014 (Approx 2 mins)
Reflections on Digital Publishing - Interview Clips from Ontario Writers Conference (2013) -(Approx 4 mins)
“Getting Publishing with Mark Leslie” – (The Writing Show Podcast)
11 Episodes from Oct 9, 2006 to June 3, 2010 – Following the progress of the early part of the first draft of A CANADIAN WEREWOLF IN NEW YORK
This is an excellent series to listen to if you are a writer who has been struggling to get that first book finished. It might help you see that you’re not the only one who has suffered and struggled. It’s tough and it’s a lot of work, and sometimes it takes a lot of effort to overcome the things that prevent you from finishing that book. (And you can see, in the 4+ years that these episodes span, I found virtually every excuse in the book)
Media Appearances Archives